[R] plot vs print ??

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 16 18:27:29 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:09 AM, skan <juanpide at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the differente betwen using "plot" and using "print"  in order to
> plot a graph?
> For example in order to plot the result of a histogram.

Could you give an example?

It seems that you are referring to graphics functions in packages such
as lattice and ggplot2 that produce objects that must be print'ed or
plot'ed before they are rendered on a graphics device.  However, we
would need to know if you mean the result of histogram() in the
lattice package or hist() in the graphics package before we could
answer.