[R] simulate survival data using median survival time

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 09:34:28 CET 2010

Hi Kere,

Step 1 is choose an appropriate distribution :)  Do you have one in
mind ?  Or are you interested in examining the effects of survival
times having the same mean but generated with alternative
distributions ?

One ready-rolled alternative is the SimSurv method in package prodlim.
To find (many) others you can use the "sos" package...

library(sos)
findFn("simulate survival data")

Which returns 66 matches when I just tried it.

Michael