[R] Problem in installing and starting Rattle

kgorahava kgorahava at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 05:30:05 CET 2010

Hello,

I am trying to install and run Rattle on my Dell Laptop and I have Windows 7
OS.

The following three commands executed successfully :
 install.packages("RGtk2")

install.packages("rattle")

 library(rattle)
Rattle: Graphical interface for data mining using R.
Version 2.5.47 Copyright (c) 2006-2010 Togaware Pty Ltd.
Type 'rattle()' to shake, rattle, and roll your data.

When I type the below command, I get an error message.

> rattle()
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'C:/Users/Kaushik/Documents/R/win-library/2.12/RGtk2/libs/i386/RGtk2.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

Failed to load RGtk2 dynamic library, attempting to install it.
trying URL
'http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gtk-win/gtk2-runtime-2.22.0-2010-10-21-ash.exe?download'
Content type 'application/octet-stream' length 7820679 bytes (7.5 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 7.5 Mb

Learn more about GTK+ at http://www.gtk.org
If the package still does not load, please ensure that GTK+ is installed and
that it is on your PATH environment variable
IN ANY CASE, RESTART R BEFORE TRYING TO LOAD THE PACKAGE AGAIN
Error in as.GType(type) : Cannot convert RGtkBuilder to GType
> rattle()
Error in as.GType(type) : Cannot convert RGtkBuilder to GType

Why do I get this error message ?

Please advice.