[R] About upgrade R

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 21:05:25 CET 2010

The current method allows one to easily retain several versions
working in parallel. This particularly important if some package is
not available in the new version. A few years ago there were problems
such as these during a major overhaul of the rmetrics group of
packages. My current practice is to retain older versions until I am
sure that all I need is available in the new version. Thus I am in
favour of retaining the current system.

John