[R] JGR install problem

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Fri Nov 12 15:02:39 CET 2010

You install JGR and its dependencies as you would any other package from the
RGUI.   Make sure you have a recent java installed and functional.  You may
find jselect.exe on the RForge site useful for looking at this.

When I did the install, things seemed a little flaky, but eventually by
carefully installing some dependencies, restarting, etc. I got it to work
fine.  I don't know if it helped or not, but I seem to remember explicitly
uninstalling a previous version of R that help the latest JGR.exe to
recognize 2.12.0.  Also, if I recall,  I may have had to install JavaGD and
rJava individually from the RGUI in response to errors.  Not very definitive
solutions, but your question was not to specific.

Finally and importantly, make sure you have the latest JGR.exe (jgr-1_62.exe
or jgr-1_62-x64.exe as appropriate) from RForge:
http://www.rforge.net/JGR/files/

Not very definitive solutions, but your question was not to specific.   So,
hope this helps.

Rob Baer