[R] r-2.12.0 - Hmisc

R Heberto Ghezzo, Dr heberto.ghezzo at mcgill.ca
Thu Nov 11 14:57:42 CET 2010

Hello, I am working on a HP Laptop with R 2.12 just installed, I tried:

R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
Copyright (C) 2010 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)
library(Hmisc)
Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
  DLL 'cluster' not found: maybe not installed for this architecture?
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Hmisc'

> library(cluster)
Error: package 'cluster' is not installed for 'arch=i386'

but of course "cluster" is in the R-2.12.0/library/cluster/libs/i386/cluster.dll.
Does the loader of required packages not look into i386?
Thanks
Heberto Ghezzo