[R] Plot Axes

dpender d.pender at civil.gla.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 18:50:34 CET 2010

R community,

I am creating a bivariate return level plot by adding calculated return
period values as lines onto an existing plot using the following code with
the points representing the return periods.

plot(H2,D2,pch="+",axes=TRUE)
points(H.10,D.10, type="l",col="blue")
points(H.20,D.20, type="l",col="green")
points(H.50,D.50, type="l",col="red")
points(H.100,D.100, type="l",col="orange")

The problem is that my return period values are greater than the data values
and therefore are partially cut out of the plot.

How can I increase the axes limits in order to include all of the return
period lines?

I've tried ## xis(2,at=seq(35,max(D.100),by=20)) ## but it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Doug