[R] R Applications for Force.com/ Salesforce

Ajay Ohri ohri2007 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 09:08:38 CET 2010

Dear List

Forgive me for the slightly off topic query

Force.com and Salesforce have many (1009) apps at
http://sites.force.com/appexchange/home  for cloud computing for
businesses, but very few forecasting and statistical simulation apps.

Example of Monte Carlo based app is here
http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cT9EAI#

These are like iPhone apps except meant for business purposes (I am
unaware if any university is offering salesforce.com integration
though google apps and amazon related research seems to be on)

Force.com uses a language called Apex  and you can see
http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/App_Logic and
http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Formulas
Apex is similar to R in that is OOPs

My question is are there any R packages or research in Force.com or
Salesforce.com Apps going on ( see SAS A new SAS data surveyor is
available to access data from the Customer Relationship Management
(CRM) software vendor Salesforce.com. at
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/whatsnew/62580/HTML/default/viewer.htm#datasurveyorwhatsnew902.htm)

I am just doing research on cloud computing and R and needed this
info. Many thanks as always

Regards

Ajay Ohri
Delhi, India