[R] Is there a way to have 'comment' keep a list?

Keith Jewell k.jewell at campden.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 12:18:07 CET 2010

I hadn't seen 'comment' before, so don't take my suggestion as
authoritative. It looks useful, so I investigated a bit.

This technique seems to work and is (perhaps?) easier than names:
    tlist <- list(a=c(1:3), b=7)
   comment(x) <- unlist(sapply(tlist, as.character))
or in one line
   comment(x) <- unlist(sapply(list(a=c(1:3), b=7), as.character))

If at least one of the list elements is already character you could simplify
to:
    tlist <- list(a=c(1:3), b="fred")
   comment(x) <- unlist(tlist)
or in one line
   comment(x) <- unlist(list(a=c(1:3), b="fred"))

Not as nice as having a _real_ list, but I guess that would really be a case
for attributes

HTH

Keith J

news:AANLkTimpMMa9_h1+=Oj1BHRf27rLp2J5VeoDHJxQpNxd at mail.gmail.com...