[R] running command before non-interactive job is exited

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Tue Nov 9 12:01:11 CET 2010

Dear list members,

i am running some R scripts non interactively on a remote cluster. In case of an error this cluster terminates the R job and only sends me some messages.

Is there any way to save the workspace before this job is terminated to retrieve some information on why the error is caused?

I have tried to run this test job in a non interactive mode, but had no success (the a[b] command is added to cause the error!):

.Last = function()
    save.image()

a=1:10
a[b]