[R] postscript window size

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 02:32:42 CET 2010

Hi Robert,

You need to add paper = "special" to the postscript() call.

postscript(file="~/Desktop/figure.ps", horizontal=TRUE,
               width=20, height=10, paper = "special")
plot()
plot()
dev.off()

Otherwise it is reset because you are specifying a size outside of
what can fit on the default paper size.

Once that is changed, it should work (tested both ways on Debian :))

Cheers,

Josh

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 6:23 PM, threshold <r.kozarski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear R users, simple figure:
>
> postscript(file="~/Desktop/figure.ps", horizontal=T, width=20, height=10)
> par(mfcol=c(2,5))
> plot(rnorm(100), type='l')
> plot(rnorm(100), type='l')
> plot(rnorm(100), type='l')
> plot(rnorm(100), type='l')
> plot(rnorm(100), type='l')
> ##-----
> plot(rnorm(100), type='l')
> plot(rnorm(100), type='l')
> plot(rnorm(100), type='l')
> plot(rnorm(100), type='l')
> plot(rnorm(100), type='l')
> dev.off()
>
> Does not resize when saved on Desktop. I could ignore 'width' and 'height',
> and the same result. Particular figures plot(rnorm()) are too rectangular,
> when I want to have them more like squares (stretched horizontally).
>
> Working on Ubuntu and need to paste 'figure.ps' into latex (Kile).
> Thanks a lot, robert
>
> --

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology