[R] count occurrence and distance of characters in string

Immanuel mane.desk at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 5 00:53:49 CET 2010

Hey,

thanks for the answer, actually I already typed an example
but deleted it since I thought it's superfluous.
regards

---------
string <- "kjokllokkoadddo"

# f1(string, "o") should return that "o" was found 4 times
# f2(string, "o") should return that the distances between the "o"'s
found is 3 , 2, 4
---------