[R] Display of NAs in character columns of a data frame under fix() or edit().

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Nov 3 00:03:00 CET 2010

Thanks Peter.  Makes sense.  But I would like to point out
that it *is* possible to distinguish between ``NA'' meaning
North America and ``NA'' meaning ``missing value'' in *ordinary*
printing of character vectors.  E.g.

> x <- c("Europe","Africa","NA",NA,"SA","Antarctica")
[1] "Europe"     "Africa"     "NA"         NA           "SA"
[6] "Antarctica"
> sum(is.na(x))
[1] 1

	cheers,