[R] help mkin

rebekka baumgartner rebekka.b at gmx.ch
Tue Nov 2 11:44:32 CET 2010

Hi,
I am trying fit my kinetic data with the "mkin" package. There I have two questions:

1.) I would like to fix the parameter parent_0, the concentration of the parent at time 0. In the mkinfit function description it says you can do it with the arguments parms.ini and fixed_parms. In which form do these arguments have to be to fix the (internally defined and fitted) parameter parent_0?
SFO <- mkinmod(parent=list(type="SFO"))
SFO.fit <- mkinfit(SFO,data, parm.ini=??, fixed_parms=??)

2.) When I try to fit the parent and a metabolite m1, I get the error message:
Error in dnorm(x, mean, sd, log) :
  Non-numeric argument to mathematical function
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In Ops.factor(ModVar, obsdat) : - not meaningful for factors
2: In Ops.factor(ModVar, obsdat) : - not meaningful for factors

My code is:
data <- read.table("101025_batch1.txt", header=TRUE)
SFO_SFO <- mkinmod(parent = list(type = "SFO", to = "m1", sink =TRUE),m1 = list(type = "SFO"))
SFO.fit <- mkinfit(SFO_SFO,data)

101025_batch1.txt looks like this:
name	time	value
parent	0	NA