[R] Help on install.packages() function

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 09:09:10 CET 2010

Hi Chistofer,

I selected a mirror in my .Rprofile file (which I think is fairly
common), so I do not have to set it every time I start R.  In any
case, you just have to specify the url of the mirror you want to the
CRAN repo.  Something like this ought to work:

r <- getOption("repos")
r["CRAN"] <- "your/favorite/repo"
options(repos = r)

Cheers,

Josh

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Christofer Bogaso
<bogaso.christofer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, when I need to download some package I use for example
> install.packages("fBasics") function. However simply using that function
> needs additional intervention to select the server from which I want to
> download. I would like to ask the list how I can put additional argument in
> the install.packahes() function to stop showing that pop-up?
>
> While looking into the help page I guess "repos = getOption("repos")" is the
> responsible one. However still in dark to understand how to change that
> option.
>
> Thanks,

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology