[R] sqldf hanging on macintosh - works on windows

GL pflugg at shands.ufl.edu
Mon Nov 1 14:59:59 CET 2010

Have a long script that runs fine on windows (32 bit). When I try to run in
on two different macs (64 bit), however, it hangs with identical behavior.

I start with:
library(sqldf)

This results in messages:

I then read some data, etc.

I execute the following:

#merge raw data and all possible combinations
  df.final <- sqldf('select Date, Hour, x as RoomsInUse from
"df.possible.combos"
    left join "df.aggregate" using (Hour, Date)')

I receive the messages:
+

Then I get into some kind of loop. Message at bottom ribbon says:

executing:
try(gsub('\\s+','',paste(capture.output(print(arg(summary))),collapse=")),silent=TRUE)

On the pc implementation it runs flawlessly, and quickly.

Truly appreciate any ideas.