[R] Fancy Page layout

Noah Silverman noah at smartmediacorp.com
Mon May 31 20:16:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

Working on a report that is going to have a large number of graphs and
summaries.  We have 80 "groups" with 20 variables each.

Ideally, I'd like to produce ONE page for each group.  It would have two
columns of 10 graphs and then the 5 number summary of the variables at
the bottom.
So, perhaps the top 2/3 of the page has the graphs and the bottom third
has 20 rows of data summary(maybe a table of sorts.)
This COULD be done in Latex, but would have to be hand coded for each of
the 80 groups which would be painfully slow.

I can easily do the graphs with par(mfrow=c(5,2))  band then draw the
graphs in a loop.

But I am stuck from here:

1) How do I control the size of the plot window.  (Ideally, it should
print to fill an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper)
2) Is there a way to "easily" insert a 5 number summary (summary
command) into the lower half of the page.

Does anybody have any ideas??

Thanks!