[R] Matrix interesting question!

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Fri May 28 19:17:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

Can you provide sample data?  It seems like in both matrices, you have
ages in the rows.  Do you just want to calculate birth years in matrix
B from ages and years in matrix A?

It may also help to give us some of the details of what you are doing
once you have transformed it prior to transforming back (e.g., are
there changes that would impact what the code to convert back needs to
be?).

Josh

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:30 AM, UM <usman.munir05 at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> hi,
> I have been trying to do this in R (have implemented it in Excel) but I have
> been using a very inefficent way (loops etc.). I have matrix A (columns are
> years and ages are rows)  and matrix B (columns are birth yrs and rows are
> ages)
>

> I would like to first turn matrix A into matrix B
>
> And then I would like to convert matrix B back again to the original matrix
> A. (I have left out details of steps) but this is the gist of what I want to
> do. Can anyone please give any insights?
>

> Thanks
>

> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n2234852/untitled.bmp
>
> --

Joshua Wiley