[R] Installation on 64bit redhat linux question

Paul Geeleher paulgeeleher at gmail.com
Thu May 27 18:51:14 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile R 2.11.0 on a redhat machine, but I'm getting
the following error when I run ./configure:

checking whether gfortran appends underscores to external names... yes
checking whether gfortran appends extra underscores to external names... no
checking whether mixed C/Fortran code can be run... configure:
WARNING: cannot run mixed C/Fortran code
configure: error: Maybe check LDFLAGS for paths to Fortran libraries?

I don't really know what "LDFLAGS" is, but I've searched online and I
think this is something to do with not being able to find "libg2c.so".
It seems to be located here on my machine
"/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.4.6/".

So I'm wondering if this is what is wrong and how I can make the
configure script "see" the directory with this file, I'm a Linux
newbie by the way so go easy!

Thanks,

Paul.

--
Paul Geeleher
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics