[R] cluster analysis and supervised classification: an alternative to knn1?

Christian Hennig chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk
Thu May 27 16:37:38 CEST 2010

> Christian wrote:
>> and the implement
>> nearest neighbours classification myself if I needed it.
>> It should be pretty straightforward to implement.
>
> Do you intend modify the code of the knn1() function by yourself?

No; if you understand what the nearest neighbours method does, it's not
very complicated to implement it from scratch (assuming that your dataset
is small enough that you don't have to worry too much about optimising
computing times). A bit of programming experience is required, though.
(It's not that I intend to do it right now, I suggest that you do it if
you can...)

Christian