[R] How to install an archived version of a package in windows

Nevil Amos nevil.amos at gmail.com
Thu May 27 10:01:55 CEST 2010

How do I install an archived version of a package - in this case
Geneland 3.1.5 in windows?

The archived versions are available on CRAN and tar.gz.  I can downland
this, but then the only option to install a local copy is
 > utils:::menuInstallLocal()
or install from local zip file in the console packages menu, this does
not work wither with the downlaoded tar.gz, or if I unzip it and save
all its contents as Genland_3.1.5.zip in the R/bin direcotry.

What do I need to do?

thanks

Nevil Amos