[R] RODBC: owerwrite into a named range in Excel

Jay josip.2000 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 15:48:30 CEST 2010

Hello,

Let's say that I have a data frame of n numbers I want to transfer
into a Excel spreadsheet. I have opened the conection to the file
using ODBC, and I can query the content of these n cells without
problem. However, how do I transfer my new values to these cells?
I.e., overwite them.

Should I use sqlSave() or sqlUpdate()?

Using the update I get the error: "cannot update ‘data_001’ without
unique column"

sqlUpdate(connection_name, my_new_data_frame,
"name_of_the_range_in_excel")

Let's say that the range in Excel is in E10:E20. (if it matters)

BR,
Jay