[R] multiple 2 by 2 crosstabulations?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu May 20 05:55:06 CEST 2010

On May 19, 2010, at 9:10 PM, Biau David wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a dataframe (var_1, var_2, ..., var_n) and I would like to
> export summary statistics to Latex in the form of a table. I want
> specific summary statistics by crossing numerous variables 2x2 AT
> ONCE. In each cell I would like sometimes to have the median (Q1 -
> Q3), or frequency and proportion, etc. CrossTable, xtab, etc... do
> not allow for multiple 2 by 2 crosstabulation. The table would look
> like this:
>
>          var_1  var_2     var3, ...
> var_1   a        b            c
> var_2   d        e            f
>
> with a, b, c, ... the results of each crosstabulation. I have
> continuous and categorical variables.
>
> Any idea?

The problem I face is you have used too many "..."'s, and "etc"'s and
not enough R code. You probably have a clear idea what "summary
statistics by crossing numerous variables 2x2 AT ONCE" means but I do
not. It is possible that the describe.formula in Hmisc or the
summaryBy function in the doBy package may be helpful, but that is
merely a guess.