[R] Filters()

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed May 19 12:51:37 CEST 2010

On 19/05/2010 5:41 AM, Assa Yeroslaviz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering whether there is a possobility to add File types to the list
> of filters known by R.
>
> I'm using the function choose.files in Windows. I have some files I always
> use and i would like to filter my option to these kind of files.
> I have some "atr", "cdt", "gct", "gmt" etc.
>
> Is there a way of telling R to filter only these files?

Yes, see ?choose.files.  Just specify filters=yourFilters.  If you want
to make a permanent change, you write your own choose.files function to
mask the one in the utils package, or you could use (but expect others
users of choose.files() to break when you do this).

assignInNamespace("Filters", yourFilters, "utils")

Duncan Murdoch