[R] issues with R Library on a Server

Daisy Englert Duursma daisy.duursma at gmail.com
Tue May 18 04:03:58 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am a bit over my head on this issue. My colleagues and I are running
R off of our server. We all have admin rights and prior to yesterday
we all had our own libraries. Our main system administrator advised us
that we should have a shared library. So, I am trying to do this.

 I have downloaded the latest version of R and installed it on the
main drive of our server in the  "Program Files" folder (obvious
enough).

I changed the Environmental Variables in the advanced system setting
so R_LIBS  is C:\\RLIBRARY and restarted the server.

The command : .libPaths()[1] results in
[1] "C:\\RLIBRARY"

When I install packages it returns the message :The downloaded packages are in
        C:\Users\Daisy
Englert\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Rtmp9FxLip\downloaded_packages

** This is bad because I though they should go to C:\\RLIBRARY (I think)

Thus the following code does not work:

library(nnet)
Error in get(Info[i, 1], envir = env) :
  internal error -3 in R_decompress1
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'nnet'

My questions are:

Why are the packages downloading to the above location?
What is the next step(s) I should take to setting up the server correctly.

Thanks,
Daisy

--
Daisy Englert Duursma