[R] lme4 + R 2.11.0 + mac unavailable

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon May 17 23:44:00 CEST 2010

On May 17, 2010, at 5:01 PM, Adam November wrote:

> I believe I'm working with the newest version of R (2.11.0) and I've
> tried a few of the most recent versions... No luck yet.

Luck has nothing to do with it. What part of ERROR in the CRAN package
check for the current version of lme4 with the Mac R 2.11.0  don't you
understand? Packages that generate errors are not made available as
binaries.

I was giving you advice about how to deal with the stated difficulty
with installing lme4 from source using the older versions of R. Only
if you want to revert to 2.10.1 and install a prior version for lme4
would my advice be helpful.

--
David.

> Thanks,
> -Adam
>
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 1:51 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net
> > wrote:
>>
>> On May 17, 2010, at 4:44 PM, Adam November wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> Just thought I'd bring attention to the fact that lme4 is failing
>>> cran
>>> checks on the mac platform, and I can't seem to install it from
>>> source
>>> on 10.5 or 10.6, either ("ld: library not found for -lgfortran ") .
>>> Any help getting this working?
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> You would not expect the current package to install properly with
>> earlier
>> versions of r. Find the appropriate version at the archive:
>>
>> http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/lme4/
>>
>> --
>>
>> David Winsemius, MD
>> West Hartford, CT