[R] Help with using plotmeans - how do I have two or more sets of data on one plot?

FishLover goldenpuppy_pawz at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 23:15:18 CEST 2010

Hello

I'm having trouble being able to plot more than one set of data using the
plotmeans function. Plotmeans is where you can plot means and standard
errors easily.

Here is part of my code

plotmeans(Mmeans ~ Month, data=BW.hydat.05HG001, n.label=FALSE)#one set of
data
par(new=TRUE)
plotmeans(Mmeans ~ Month, data=Mouth.hydat.05HH001, col="red")#the second
set of data

Basically I want to show more than one set of data on the same graph, same
axis etc.. The par() function in this code doesn't work because it literally
overlays it and you get the y-axis all jumbled up. I know that you can
supress axis in one of the datasets but then the second set of data doesn't
actually have the right values. I also can't use the lines or points
function since the graph shows means.

Thanks in advance