[R] Are there better ways to save and restore par() settings

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Sat May 15 02:08:45 CEST 2010

Perhaps a bit of additional explanation might help.

1. This is obviously for functions that others might use, as one is free to
inflict punishment on oneself. The idea is not to alter the innocent user's
graphical settings.

2. on.exit() is preferred in case an error is encountered and the function
never reaches the par(opar) call.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter