[R] Help with reading information of "summary"-Object

Tino Schöllhorn t.schoellhorn at gmx.de
Thu May 13 18:58:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am quite new to R - but quite expierience in programming. Nonetheless
I have some problemes in accessing information of the "summary" object.
Here is what I do:

model <- lm ( y ~ myVariable )

"summary(model)" gives me an object which has a lot of information about
the regression. Now I'd like to access programmatically the level of
significance which is marked with "***" and ("**") according to its
confidence-interval. As I can access all information of the coefficients
via

summary(model)$coeff["myVariable"]

I am now struggling to access the information of the level of significance.

Does anyone has an idea how I could achieve that? Or where I could find
a similar example?

Thanks in advance for any hint,
Tino

--