[R] a question about "latex" in Hmisc and .dvi file

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 16:32:00 CEST 2010

HI:
If you don't mind me asking this question about latex:
Based on Duncan's comment:
"The print method for "latex" objects tries to run latex and then display the resulting .dvi file.  (Or maybe it runs pdflatex and displays the .pdf file)."
Where in MikTex can I change to pdflatex? everytime I use latex it displays the dvi file which is a problem because tables that I want to see landscaped don't work. Thanks

Felipe D. Carrillo
Supervisory Fishery Biologist
Department of the Interior
US Fish & Wildlife Service