[R] function

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Wed May 12 20:50:04 CEST 2010

Fair enough, my mistake. However, I am quite fascinated how that focuses
everybody else on picking on the intitial answer and diverts everybody away
from anwering the actual question. All the more it points to the second
paragraph of my reply, namely that all modular components of the function
should be checked.

For example:

lapply(data,function(){quantile(x,probs=0.25)})

#does not work, but

lapply(data,function(x){quantile(x,probs=0.25)})

#works

So perhaps missing out on the x in the definition of the function is the
only problem. But for that, we would need the error message.

Daniel