[R] fisher's posthock test or fisher's combination test

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Wed May 12 16:16:49 CEST 2010

On 12-May-10 10:14:41, Knut Krueger wrote:
> Hi to all
> is there a fisher's  post hock test or fisher's combination test
> in R available?
> Maybe not -- its very easy to do it in excel ...
> Kind regards Knut

... Which is the best of all possible reasons for having it available
in R. And indeed it may be there -- but not under that name.

"Fisher's post-hoc test" may be ambiguous, but one interpretation is
Fisher's Least Significant Difference (LSD) test, and you can find
this as one component of the result returned by ezStats():

  http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/ez/html/ezStats.html

Hock is a very nice drink, but whether post-hock you should use LSD
is doubtful ...

As to "Fisher's combination test", I'm not sure whether this is
meant to be something different from the above.

Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 12-May-10                                       Time: 15:16:46