[R] make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Wed May 12 08:44:46 CEST 2010

Le 12/05/10 00:23, Elizabeth Lawson a écrit :
> Why would I want to remove (rm) the file.  I am trying to compile it.

make thinks : "Why would I compile this file, the result is already there"

First time :

romain at naxos /tmp $ R CMD SHLIB hello.c
gcc-4.2 -arch x86_64 -std=gnu99
-I/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include
-I/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include/x86_64
-I/usr/local/include    -fPIC  -g -O3 -Wall -pipe -Wno-variadic-macros
-c hello.c -o hello.o
gcc-4.2 -arch x86_64 -std=gnu99 -dynamiclib
-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -undefined dynamic_lookup
-single_module -multiply_defined suppress -L/usr/local/lib -o hello.so
hello.o -F/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/.. -framework R -Wl,-framework
-Wl,CoreFoundation

Second time:

romain at naxos /tmp $ R CMD SHLIB hello.c
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Does that help ?

Romain

BTW, your second post is more useful than the first one as you actually
partly follow the posting guide and show some example code.

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast