[R] Whiskers on the default boxplot {graphics}

Jason Rupert jasonkrupert at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 04:35:47 CEST 2010

Humm....Maybe I need to look some place else than boxplot.stats {grDevices} for a definition of how the upper/lower whiskers are produced.

By any chance are they "the lowest datum still within 1.5 IQR of the lower quartile, and the highest datum still within 1.5 IQR of the upper quartile"?

None of the links from boxplot.stats {grDevices} seemed to reveal the secret definition of the R whiskers.

Thanks again.