[R] memory limit

Zoppoli, Gabriele (NIH/NCI) [G] zoppolig at mail.nih.gov
Sat May 8 18:52:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

when I try to import a microarray CEL batch, I get this error message:

> myAB <- ReadAffy ()
Error in .Call("read_abatch", filenames, rm.mask, rm.outliers, rm.extra,  :
  cannot allocate vector of length 1287151200

which, assuming the value is in bites, is below my RAM values (3 Gb recognized by Windows).

The isse is, when I try to do

 memory.limit (size =   3000 )

the error doesn't resolve, and when I type

> memory.size ()

I always get
[1] 26.85

I'm confused here. Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Gabriele Zoppoli, MD
Ph.D. Fellow, Experimental and Clinical Oncology and Hematology, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
Guest Researcher, LMP, NCI, NIH, Bethesda MD

Work: 301-451-8575
Mobile: 301-204-5642
Email: zoppolig at mail.nih.gov