[R] Any way to apply TWO functions with tapply()?

Phil Wieland phwiel at gmx.de
Fri May 7 11:39:54 CEST 2010

I need to compute the mean and the standard deviation of a data set and would
like to have the results in one table/data frame. I call tapply() two times
and do then merge the resulting tables to have them all in one table. Is
there any way to tell tapply() to use the functions mean and sd within one
function call? Something like tapply(data$response, list(data$targets,
data$conditions), c(mean, sd)).

Thanks in advance.