[R] What is the best way to have "R" output tables in an MS Word format?

chrishold at psyctc.org chrishold at psyctc.org
Thu May 6 20:39:18 CEST 2010

Tal Galili sent the following  at 06/05/2010 17:33:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Following this thread, I started experimenting with the R2wd package myself.
>
> I wrote to the developer who gave me some promising news (that is - that
> an updated package is expected to be released in the next couple of months)

That's good news, I haven't followed the problem I was having up with
the author yet ...

> I wrote about this, and gave an example session on what I found can be
> done with R2wd here:
> http://www.r-statistics.com/2010/05/exporting-r-output-to-ms-word-with-r2wd-an-example-session/

OK, I see that you've written a workaround that gets lm output to Word:
impressive.

However, I think this beautifully supports my wish that we move toward
better formatted text output in the R core and that we do that by moving
through allowing, and encouraging, the tab character to be put into
routine R text output as the output from lm is, of course, the raw
monospaced font style output aligned using monospace font spaces.
Wonderfully statistically powerful and correct and cosmetically and
humanly ugly and time consuming to reformat.

> This package is in it's early stages, but can still function well
> (though probably much less then what a Latex person can do with Sweave)

Agreed!

Many thanks again for this and great to see interest in the issues, I do
think they are important.

Very best to all,

Chris

--
Chris Evans <chris at psyctc.org> Skype: chris-psyctc
Consultant Psychiatrist in Psychotherapy, Notts. PDD network;