[R] trellis/lattice: How to plot 4 panels with the same x-scale but different y-scales?

Marius Hofert m_hofert at web.de
Thu May 6 14:54:17 CEST 2010

Thanks, Deepayan.

Is it at least possible to increase the space between the panels in the following plot?:

library(lattice)
x=rep(c(1,2,3),4) # x values
y=1:12 # y values
z=rep(1:4,each=3) # panel number
xyplot(y~x|z,type="l",aspect=1,layout=c(2,2),
       scales=list(relation="free",alternating=c(1,1),tck=c(1,0)),
       panel=function(...){
               panel.xyplot(...,col=1)

       }
)