[R] Odp: What is the best way to have "R" output tables in an MS Word format?

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Mon May 3 10:43:06 CEST 2010

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 01.05.2010 00:13:06:

> Dear "R" list,
>
> Our statisticians usually give us results back in a PDF format. I would
like
> to be able to copy and past tables from "R" output directly into a
Microsoft
> Word table since this will save us tons of time, be more accurate to
> minimize human copying errors and help us update data in our papers more
> easily.

Others gave you more sophisticated solutions which can pay out in longer
time and when you use the output quite often. However there is one simple
approach

select output in R console
ctrl C
open Word
ctrl V
format text as (I believe) Courier

This usually aligns text in proper way to columns.

Regards
Petr