[R] how to find presence of seasonality in time series data without using graphs ?

vikrant vikrant.shimpi at tcs.com
Mon May 3 07:48:09 CEST 2010

Dear R users,
I have a univariate time series and I want to examine  the presence of
seasonality in the series without using graphical methods like
autocorrelation(acf) as I need to automate it in a function. Is there any
other way by which I could find the presence of seasonality and if
seasonality is present need to detemine the time period T .

Thanks & Regards,
Vikrant