[R] Scree diagram,

Muhammad Rahiz muhammad.rahiz at ouce.ox.ac.uk
Sun May 2 19:52:56 CEST 2010

1) I believe you wanted a scree plot which shows the percentage of
variance explained (y-axis) versus the principal components (x-axis). To
do that, all you needs a simple plot(x,y) function where x = pc and y =
variance. It is called a scree plot because the plot looks like a scree
on the side of the mountain.

2) you can find the details of the components using names(x) where x=
the output from your pca command

Muhammad