[R] Text dependent on a variable in a R function

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun May 2 16:24:19 CEST 2010

On May 2, 2010, at 10:10 AM, Nikhil Kaza wrote:

> say x is the variable.
>
> plot(..., title=paste(x, "whatever else"), ...) should work as well.
>
> same should work with file names as well.

Perhaps in an alternate universe it might, ...  but it doesn't in this
one.  "title" is not the correct parameter for specifying titles, and
if you change the parameter name to  the correct parameter name,
"main", you are now giving it a vector with text-coercion of the
number of values of x in x pasted to "whatever", since paste is
vectorized.

Not what you want:

x <-c(-1, -0.75, -0.5, -0.25, 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1)
plot(x, main=paste(x, "whatever"))

--
David