[R] lattice: how to add points to the plot generated bylevelplot()?

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Mar 31 22:18:38 CEST 2010

Tip 1: This sort of thing is done with panel functions. ?xyplot and
?panel.xyplot is where to start.

Tip 2: grid functions are generally not necessary, as translations of the
common ones are part of lattice. See ?panel.points

Tip 3: Deepayan's book provides a gentler explanation of these matters with
more examples than R's man pages.

Tip 4: Depending on your needs and predilections, you may prefer to use
ggplot2.

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics