[R] Install package of "BRugs"?

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Mar 31 08:54:55 CEST 2010

On 31.03.2010 08:36, Dieter Menne wrote:

> Hua Li wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to install the package "BRugs" and could not find it on the
>> install package list. Then I tried the suggestion to run the following
>> command in R
>>
>> install.packages("BRugs")
>>

> Use R2WinBUGS instead
>
> http://cran.at.r-project.org/web/packages/R2WinBUGS/index.html
>
> Dieter

Dieter,

thanks for the pointer, but I highly recommend *not* to use R2WinBUGS if
you are under Windows but use BRugs which has a much cleaner interface
and .....

It is hosted on CRAN extras (Brian Ripley's special cases repository)
due to license specific issues.

Please update your R and try  install.packages("BRugs")  again, you will
get it from CRAN extras which is a default repository under Windows
(unless you deselected it).

Best wishes,
Uwe