[R] library(): load library from a specified location

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Mar 30 21:15:00 CEST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> But ***please*** say ``load *package*'', not ``load library''.  The
> *location* (collection of packages) from which you wish to load the
> given package is the ``library''.

 Anyone vote for deprecating the library() function and renaming it
use() or requiring require() instead?

 I mean, when I go get a book out of our library, I don't say "I'd
like to library Case Studies in Spatial Point Process Modelling".
Maybe we should use 'borrow(package)'? Then it might be clear you were
getting a package from a library, and that you magically put it back
at the end of your R session....

 Slightly silly mood this evening

Barry