[R] error bars

Markus Schmotz markus.schmotz at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Mar 30 12:17:39 CEST 2010

you can write a function for yourself using arrows:

#x,y: dataset as vectors
#xe,ye: errors per entry as vectors, if the errors are symmetric
arrbar<-function(x,y,xe,ye){
	l<-length(x)
	for (i in 1:l) {
		arrows(x[i],y[i],x[i]-xe[i]/2,y[i],angle=90,length=0.05)
		arrows(x[i],y[i],x[i]+xe[i]/2,y[i],angle=90,length=0.05)
		arrows(x[i],y[i],x[i],y[i]-ye[i]/2,angle=90,length=0.05)
		arrows(x[i],y[i],x[i],y[i]+ye[i]/2,angle=90,length=0.05)
	}
}