[R] Error "grid must have equal distances in each direction"

maddy madhura1301 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:48:52 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I am trying to create a grid of large number of points 4096*4096, on
processing the data I am  writing it into a file.

phi <- 0.5
N <- 4096
mu <- 90

sim<-grf(N*N,grid="reg",cov.model="spherical",cov.pars=c(1,phi),method="RF")
sim$data <- (sim$data - mean(sim$data)) / sd(sim$data)
local <- array(sim$data, dim=c(N,N))
sysvar <- local * sigma
P <- mu+sysvar
write.table(P,"sysv",row.names=F,col.names=F)

 I get the following message when I run it for 4096 points and last few
values of the data set appear 0

"different grid distances detected, but the grid must have equal distances
in each direction -- try gridtriple=TRUE that avoids numerical errors."

The program runs fine for less number of points.
I am not able to understand the error. Can anyone please help regarding
this?

Also, the maximum memory for the R software is 1535MBytes [ obtained by
doing memory.limit(size=NA) ]
Sometime I get the out of memory error by doing this procedure.
Is it possible to increase the size of memory?
Thanks in advance.

-M. Joshi