[R] distance matrix, podani, package: proxy

Kim Vanselow Vanselow at gmx.de
Fri Mar 26 16:28:43 CET 2010

Dear r-helpers,
I just wanted to calculate a distance matrix using the function dist, with method = 'Podani' (package: proxy).
The calculation is starting without error. Now the hourglass is running and won't stop. Since more than 20 hours!
I do not think that the problem is with my input matrix. I tried several other similarity measures and all are running without problem and give a result within minutes.
Do you have an idea or do you know about bugs with the method 'Podani'

Thanks in advance,
Kim