[R] row names in regression results and saving the identification results from added variable plots

Simon Kiss sjkiss at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 26 11:32:42 CET 2010

Hello all,
Is there a way to take the row names from my data.frame and have them
imported to the regression results?
At the moment, I my original data frame looks like this:
/ Riding name / Turnout / Margin / Expenditures
1 / Abbotsford
2 / .
3 / .
4 / .Willow

I know how to set the row names for the original data frame to be the
Riding name, but when I run the regression, the residuals, dfbetas,
cook's d all lose those and are listed with the original row number.
This does not pose a significant problem for when I'm just looking at
residuals and defbetas, because I've figured out how to match up the
row names to those variables.

But it is posing a bit of a problem now that I'm looking at added
variable plots; the calculations are more difficult to match up the
results to the row names.

As a second question, I have figured out how to identify the points in
added variable plots - av.plots=(model,
labels=names(residuals(model_name)), identify.points=TRUE)

However, when I'm finished identifying points, the results are not
saved. I'm not sure if I can use the "identify" command with the
av.plots command in (car) as you can with other standard plots because
av.plots brings up an interactive menu that does not appear to allow
for that.

If any one can help, it would be appreciated!

Yours,
Simon Kiss
Simon J. Kiss, PhD
SSHRC and DAAD Post-Doctoral Fellow
John F. Kennedy Institute of North America Studies
Free University of Berlin
Lansstraße 7-9
14195 Berlin, Germany
Cell: +49 (0)1525-300-2812,