[R] where do I send typos?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 26 11:23:08 CET 2010

    IG> Best to send any comments on documentation to the author of the documentation.
    IG> iain

yes, indeed.
Using R's
      packageDescription("<pkg name>")
will provide you with the e-mail address of the maintainer.

For  "base R" packages,  R-core is listed, and in that case you
can choose to either send to the private R-core address (which
needs moderation approval) or to the R-devel list, notably in
case it's not just a typo but a question of improving the
documentation which may be of more general R developer interest.

Thanks in advance,
for your reports.

Martin Maechler,  ETH Zurich (and R Core)